Thursday, July 26, 2007

Beads & Butterflies

The Round Robin quilt is bound, but it needs beads, so no photo yet. Instead, this is another beaded wall hanging. It is not the first one that I put beads on, but it has the most.

I called it "Butterfly Trails" because of the whimsical quilting, freely scribbled and my favorite way to quilt. I'll never do formal feathers! I used metallic threads and just enjoyed myself.

This quilt is 42" square and was a sampler, of all things,
for a class on applique. It turned out better than I planned, and is the one that I get the most requests to "put it in your will with my name on it." The close-up shows some of the beading.

Yesterday I watched the latest video at The Quilt Show. It featured Jean Wells, and I am anxious to try the method she demonstrated on this program. If you haven't signed up, give it a whirl. I think it is worth every penny!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Oh, my gosh, I can't believe how many beads you have on there. I wouldn't have the patience to do that. No wonder everyone wants it.