Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Orphange is done...

Orphanage in Blue top is finished. I've not cut any binding yet. I have made four more large blocks and will add sashing from my stash to make a lap quilt. The rest of the leftover scraps are being cut into squares and strips, likely enough for two baby quilts, all this from a small box of scraps. I'm feeling a bit like the little boy who gave Jesus five loaves and two fish to feed several thousand people!

The leftovers will soon be in plastic bags labeled by size and back in the blue scrap box. I've other things to do and don't want the 'blues' to take over my mood!

Also, this picture is indoors, so again, the colors are not the greatest, at least on my screen.

Btw, I love piano key borders, especially on these scrap-busters!


Need a pep-talk? Try this!

1 comment:

Nann said...

Loaves and fishes is an apt way to describe efforts to use up scraps! Your blue orphan quilt is great.