Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Two Finishes

Finally finished two projects. This 'tree of life' is quilted now and ready to go back to our guild. I was given the blocks and told "make something from these" but it took me a long time to decide how to quilt it. It is about 72" square. I call it Almost Autumn.

This is a gift, but doubt the recipient is checking my blog so feel safe to post it. I saw similar patterns online but drafted my own versions to suit the amount of fabric I had. The place mats and table runner might only get used once or twice a year, but the colors are striking and although I am Canadian, I love the American flag.

Today I finished a sampler block to see if I like it enough to make nine of them for a bigger quilt. It took about a day, lots of cutting and piecing. It is 21" so nine will make a good sized quilt. I get bored easily with repetition but each of the nine blocks will be slightly different, so will go for it. My sample is not quilted yet, so will post it in a day or two.

 

Our winter persists, but the sun shines most days. We still have a bunny sleeping by our back door most days and lots of ice in parking lots. Most of the sidewalks are bare. Need to get back outside soon before cabin fever sets in!



No comments: