Wednesday, February 23, 2022

"Orphange in Blue"

The blues are not done with me yet. Here is a photo of the leftovers at this point

All of this plus the quilt posted yesterday came from the little box in the middle of the table (except the backing on the right) and then I found a drawer of 'orphan' blocks, added the ones with blue in them and started making another one. So far this other one is nearly done and still have this table full of bits. They may not survive to go into a third quilt!

As for the second one, it is partly sewn, about 2/3 from the bottom, with two loose rows down there that need to be attached. They look like a step right now. The top part is just a mishmash. I'll be moving things around and may find another orphan or two to fit in rather than sewing stash bits to fill in between the blocks. It needs more lighter tones. I've three more piano key borders ready to go on the top and sides. 

Two quilts from a small box: one is a large twin and this one is going to be about 66" square.Yes, there is enough left for a baby quilt, but not sure I'll do it. Right now, I'm still having fun!





No comments: