Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Busting the Blues -- top is done!

 I actually burst into tears when this top was finished. Partly because it was a lot of sewing and my UFO list isn't getting smaller, nor the list of folks needing quilts. And partly because it turned out better than I thought it would.

 

Process was sped up by doing the piano keys border a speedy way. I took all my scrap strips and put them in piles according to their length. Then I made strip sets out of the piles, keeping the starting ends lined up and ending wherever. Then I trimmed them to 5.5" chunks, like this ||||||||||| and sewed the chunks together until I had four pieces long enough to do the job. Lots easier than sewing individual 5.5" pieces together, and fast. My BabyLock goes like crazy.

I've a blue backing, but later. Just need a break for working on this insane stash buster. 

Oh, the photo was also taken in indoor lighting, so the blues were greyish again and the greens were neon. I tried to fix it, but made it greener. Next time. The close-up picture shows the color a bit better.

2 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Absolutely wonderful! Exactly what it should be (whatever that is???) I'm saving the photo -- gives me something to aim for ! 8-))) Great job.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What a terrific variety of fabrics. Yes, this type of quilt takes a long time to make but so satisfying in the end.