Thursday, September 30, 2021

Busy sewing and a nice surprise

The calendar says I've not posted for nearly a month. Yikes. Busy is the reason. Two more refugee quilts on the go, no photos yet.

The other project is a pattern. I posted it some time ago on Etsy, realizing it was a "little sister" to the bigger nativity scene. One person has it -- a gift to her as the 600th purchaser of the bigger one. Last week she sent me a photo and this note. I love what she did with it:

I finished the banner created using your pattern. I did change how the sky was done and am very happy with the result. This is a 3’ x 5’ banner that will be on one side of our pulpit. There will be a matching scene of the three wise men traveling for the other side. Thank you again for the free pattern. I will be making this again for myself.

Now I must get to work on the queen-size on the longarm and the child's quilt that is an idea and a panel so far!

 

1 comment:

Elaine Adair said...

How lovely that the maker sent you a personal note. Yes, it turned our so lovely. Congrats to the both of you.

Busy is good - 100% better than bored. 8-)))