Thursday, December 20, 2018

King-Size Reveal --- Finally!

Scott's quilt is finally totally finished. This afternoon, we hung it from an open beam in our church using a temporary basted sleeve and heavy clips. The light from the windows is natural, but cloudy rather than bright sunshine. 

Soon this one is going in a box and under a tree. (If anyone reading this knows my son, don't tell him. He knows I've made it but has not seen it yet - and refused to look at photos.)



I'm glad this monster is finished. I could not work on it when getting a pacemaker as pectoral muscles are needed to handle something this big. Sometimes I was just so sick of working on it that I did something easier. 

It looks better in life, I think. Those who helped loved it and I am humbled by their praise because the Lord deserves it more. It was not easy to do and more answered prayer was involved with this one than anything else I've ever done. 

Two people said it was too nice to put on a bed. What he thinks remains to be discovered. Oh, it is 106" wide x 94" tall and took nearly 300 hours. 



5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

It is truly fabulous -- will be interesting to hear his responses when you share them after the holidays.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Well, it was worth all of the hours because it is beautiful.

Nina said...

I waited so long to see the finished quilt - and it's gorgeous !!!

sugarfoot said...

Just WOW!

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my word!!!! Matisse, or Picasso, or Van Gosh said something like, "a peek of red does a whole lot more than a LOT of RED" and I see the peeks of reds - how clever you were. This is a piece of art, not just a quilt. Congratulations for ??? 2 years in the making? - what a beauty! ElaineAdair