Thursday, September 12, 2024

Once a month?

 Posting once a month is better than never? Not really. I've been cleaning up green and blue scraps and it seems to take forever. Last week I pulled a Jean Wells book on color from my art books. How it got there is a mystery, but it was a huge encouragement as I was sewing very similar blocks that she illustrated in her book. 

Besides that, TQS featured a guest who makes simple blocks for her "pantry" and uses them when a need comes. Alex Anderson said she'd never seen that before, but I was into my third week of doing the same thing. Do we have a common muse in the quilting world? Don't know, but it kept me at it to realize I'm not a mere ditzy old lady.

Here are some pictures with some of the pantry thrown on a chair and in a box, plus three of the many bird blocks that are too fun to make to just quit. Also, the strips are in a quilt which is still on the design wall waiting for me to sew on the borders. It is made entirely of scraps and will have some fish quilted on it.



No comments: