Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Yes, I am still alive!

 January and February were rough months with health and other issues. All is well now and I'm quilting with enthusiasm. I just finished another scrappy blue for charity but my hubby liked it so much that he claimed it. It is a lap-size about 48 x 60". I used a panto called Atlanta and just the fabrics in my scrap bins. Some 'blocks' were made from very small pieces.

I'm nearly finished a landscape (photo later) and started another scrappy, this time a medallion with a large collection of charm squares given to me. This is my element, so much fun. So far... I started with an orphan block that somehow got missed for the above blue scrappy. Then I added strips to make it the size that would be okay with 5" squares around it. The next round is charm squares. My plan is to make some HST or QST or something that will make a different size so all the seams do not line up like they do on these two rounds. So much fun...


3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad to hear all is well with you. Spring is coming so we all made it through another winter. I expect a little more cold weather and I think you will probably have some too but longer light in the day is so welcome. Good for you hubby speaking up for a quilt of his own.

Elaine Adair said...

DH recognized a good thing! It IS lovely. I am familiar with the "health issues". One thing after another, but "still alive" here as well. Amazing technologies these days! Thinking of you. I experienced a "middle of the night helicopter FLIGHT FOR LIFE which was far more interesting and life-saving than the reason for it! 8-))) Keep on keepin' on.

Elaine Adair said...

I clearly remember leaving you a comment, after viewing this lovely blue piece. Perhaps something is amiss at either my end or yours? I don't see it or ???