Monday, May 31, 2021

Marsh Marigolds and a very messy studio...

Yesterday we went for a picnic (if Subway sandwiches count as picnic fare) and found a park in a nearby town that is huge, basically untouched except for the pathways, and surprise, surprise -- it was full of Marsh Marigolds. I've not seen these for years and felt like a kid in a candy store. They were like dappled sunshine on the forest floor.

As for quilts, the blue refugee top is done, thread and backing ready, just need to prep the batting. I got sidetracked by an idea for a row of carousel horses, went shopping for stuff to decorate them with, and have one drafted and a second one in the works. Why do I do this to myself? OVERLOADED!

Oh, the icon/logo thing for the big green quilt is coming. I have made all the pieces, turned all but the 12 triangles, and need to press and start stitching. The idea from my last post works wonderfully. Thank You, Lord. 

Photos when...

1 comment:

Quiltdivajulie said...

My mother called them buttercups - I loved them as a child. Haven’t seen many since moving south. Thanks for the memories!