Monday, June 13, 2016

Cobblestone Lane

This quilt is coming along... lots of piecing, but relaxing. I had a cardioversion last Thursday and haven't felt like doing much since then, so welcome this as a recuperation project. (For those who don't know, a cardioversion is used to correct an irregular heartbeat. They put me to sleep and put the paddles to me, about the same as being electrocuted. Sort of zaps all the zip out of you... BUT my heart ECG is picture perfect, regular and I'm feeling better every day.)

Anyway, all the blocks are done except the appliqued two in the middle. The third photo below shows progress on the first one. The lighting is not good on any of these, but the color is most accurate on the bottom photo of the applique block.



This is a shot of some of the sashing strips that go between the blocks. They have small 9-patches as cornerstones. I like the larger 9-patches made into 9-patch blocks. When the quilt is done, it has the effect of an Irish chain.



This applique block has more leaves, etc. so is about half finished. The biggest challenge will be figuring out how to quilt this one!




No comments: