Thursday, June 26, 2014

Finished: LIghthouse & Friends. Started: hobbits and rings and things...

A while back, Regina Grewe offered foundation paper-pieced patterns depicting scenes from The Lord of the Rings. I've a grandson who is an avid fan, so decided to download and save them all. It took some time as they came available only once a month. So far, I have these four finished. They are supposed to be 7" square finished, but when I looked at the size of the pieces in the larger one, I worked out a different layout and made that one 11" - as will be a few others that have insane tiny pieces. I will be embellishing these also. The horse is also wider than 7" because I don't want the side pieces to be too narrow. Lots more to come for this project.


And this one is the latest finished quilt, "Lighthouse and Friends" that is just waiting for a label and to be delivered. I noted that the last picture was March 8 and cannot believe it took me this long to get it done. I really enjoy looking at it, partly because all the "friends" are hard to find, even though I sewed them on myself. This is about 47" x 71" and a gift for my dear DIL.




1 comment:

Peggy said...

Love, love the lighthouse quilt! Catching up, and intriqued with the Hobbit quilt - looking forward to seeing that one all together!