Sunday, December 8, 2013

First one from my pattern

Back a few months ago, our small church quilting group made a nativity quilt to hang in the church. I decided to draft and sell the pattern. It came off an old Christmas card and took two years to get copyright permission. Even at that, they gave me permission to make a few, so I did 24 patterns and sold them in a few weeks, asking each person who bought one to send me a photo when it was done. Here is the first completion. It is from Doris, in Ontario, Canada. Didn't she do a great job! I am really excited and hope to do more patterns... 



Sorry, I lightened it up -- a bit too much, but it is lovely! I'm not sure what size she made it, but the original was about 84" wide, as was the pattern, so this looks like she followed it and made the large one. 

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Mego said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Your church is very lucky to have your group and you as the designer to make this wonderful quilt.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Beautiful, Elsie! You do such exquisite work.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Hey, thanks, but this one was not made by me. I drafted and sold the pattern on Etsy and this one was made by one of the customers who bought the pattern. She did a great job! You can see it at:
http://elsiequilts.blogspot.ca/2013/01/just-to-let-you-know-pattern-for-this.html

Momswan said...

I saw this image and had the same idea and began making my own pattern last year. I did not plan to sell it, but only use it to make a quilt myself. Do you have any more patterns? I would like to see what you did. It looks like you put it in three panels to resemble a stained glass window. I was going to do my pattern smaller as one panel. My size is about 42" x 54". My Etsy shop is called The Storybook Doll.
Momswan

Elsie Montgomery said...

Hi Momswan,
No, I do not have any more patterns. This is a copyrighted design so requires permission from the copyright holder to use the image. Send me an email and I'll send you some more information! epm.mail.444 @ gmail.com (remove the spaces)