Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Life, rugs, and squirrels

The desire to quilt sometimes does not match life's events. Last week, Thursday, we went to the Rockies and all the lazy, nothing-pressing time there, I wished I had my sewing machine. Then when we got home and I had the machine, interruptions and unexpected events, calls and chores kept me from using it. Finally, yesterday I whipped off a finish, this Mug Rug. It was still hot off the machine when I put it in an envelope and sent to my DIL for her birthday. Since they lives on an acreage with a treed yard and a great dog who loves to chase things, I'm not sure she will appreciate the squirrel, but she can always cover it with a hot cup of java!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Aww...great little gift, and no matter what, I'm sure she'll love it!