Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Latest finish plus new studio pictures

 
My last post was more than a month ago, mainly because we moved to a new home. However, I did finish a quilt (photo soon) and now have a larger studio! 

Here are some pictures. The one at the left is the challenge quilt - it didn't win a prize but was so much fun to make. The theme was "garden" and the size had to be 6" x 24". I love these challenges for they give direction but few restrictions. This is raw-edge applique with a few beads.

The next six pictures are of my new studio. The floor is cork. It is a basement, but has a big window and lots of light. 

The first picture is the fabric cupboards. The rest are views around the room with my desk at the last. These were taken soon after we moved so the room is not quite what I want it to be, but such a blessing to have all this space.

The second one shows the latest finish as a top - lying on the floor. (No, that is not a rug!) It is now quilted and bound, but I haven't taken a fresh picture yet.



 





 Now I must get back to work, but have decided to be more faithful with this blog and post something at least once a week. I also took a couple classes from Claudia Pfeil and now know how to quilt that cherry tree hanging on my design wall!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wow, that is an impressive space! I hope you have found all of your tools and other sewing related things by now. It is hard to pack totally wisely.

Sandy Panagos said...

What a wonderful space! Good for you. And that quilt is gorgeous!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fabulous space - marvelous walls for hanging your work . . . wow!

SeeingStars said...

I love seeing others' studios. It always spurs ideas for how mine can be its best. Yours has clean lines and that wonderful storage unit to make the clutter behave. It looks like a great space for being creative.