Friday, November 20, 2009

Dusty Reno & Half Crazy quilt

Dust is everywhere. The installers came yesterday, ripped out lino and carpet in kitchen, dining, living, and L-shaped hallway. They have put down a bit of the new flooring, a patch that I have labeled "Hope"!


I'm doing something quite fun along the line of patches. These are out of my scrap drawer labeled "Blue" and are crazy patched onto a 7" very lightweight pellon square. When each was finished, I trimmed to 6 1/2" so will have 6" squares, finished. 

I'm thinking sashing right now, but will have only enough blue to make a row. So I'm now thinking maybe a rainbow that goes around the color wheel. I sorted blue-green fabric last night and have more of it than these darker blues. This is easy and fun and using up even the oddest shapes!



I'm not doing the traditional Crazy Quilt embroidery though, so am going to call the quilt "Half Crazy." 

I've also another PHD finished, but haven't made the label yet on so will take a picture then, and post it soon.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I had some floor refinishing done 3 years ago and I know how much it disrupts the house.

Do you remember my Rainbow River that I did with crazy pieced blocks? It is fun to keep changing to different colors.
http://exuberantcolor.blogspot.com/2008/02/sewing-it-all-together.html

TB said...

These blues are beautiful. Just think how nice the floor will be when the disruption is over.