Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sashiko Table Runner

Yesterday I finished another UFO. This small table runner began in a class by Sharon Pederson June 23, 2006, in Parksville, BC. This technique is not difficult, but for some reason I had a mental block about finishing the project. It also used 'quilt-as-you-go' for the side triangles and assembly. I'd not tried that yet, but wondered at the procrastination after finding out how easy it is. I had two blocks left and made a small hot mat out of them.

I don't have Sharon's excellent book on this method, but do have the one by Mary Parker, which is also excellent. It is out of print, but Alibris has used copies.

1 comment:

jovaliquilts said...

What a lovely runner! I took a class from Sharon Pedersen in California in 2005, also a table runner but just her reversible quilt method (not sashiko). I learned a lot. I never finished the runner, but I did make a reversible quilt after that. I really liked her as an instructor.