Here is the first heart mat. It is from a foundation paper-pieced pattern by Bobbie Osborne. I liked it better before I put too much quilting on it. Maybe I'll make another one. This one is just a tad over 12" square, which made some of those leaf pieces very tiny. A bigger one would be easier. Also, I'd make the background lighter and give it more contrast to the heart.
These other two pictures are the results of a flower-pounding class I attended on Saturday. My quilting buddy that I team-teach with offered it because some of the ladies in our little group had never tried it. I hadn't either, wasn't that interested, but we had fun. It was noisy, and the place smelling like silage when we were finished, but we laughed a lot and found out that some flowers do not pound into the colors we expected. One purple one made yellow. Dandelions became green.
I've yet to embellish these. I started with some outlining using a Pigma pen, but they need more of that and some beads. Embroidery could be nice, but my needlework might ruin them.