Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Kaleidoscope 3

No change in the weather, except that there is more snow and the wind is blowing harder. The news shows many accidents, some with loss of life. Right now, the sky is still cloudy, snow still falling, but it is very bright. Yesterday I got a glimpse of blue sky, just enough to make me hopeful!

Yesterday I put the binding on Kaleidoscope 3,
for want of a better name. It is a bit larger than 2, smaller than the first one I made. I left the photo 'large' so a double-click should reveal my crazy scribble quilting. This one will hang in a window. I have # 2 there now and even though it is too small for the space, the light shines through and it looks like stained glass. This one will fit better and have the same effect. I used the gray print on the back, mostly because I had enough of it, but it gives the other fabrics that look of stained glass when the light shines from behind.

Now I'm working on an asymetrical quilt. The challenge was to design a 12" block in odd squares and rectangles, then put it together by rotating the blocks or doing something interesting. You can see the block here, but when the quilt is finished, it will be more difficult to discern where it begins and ends. The color didn't turn out well on this one. Perhaps I was too close and the flash distorted things. I'm sewing the other blocks so will soon have the top done and ready to post. Hopefully the colors will be truer then!


One thing about this weather -- I've no reason to go anywhere and more time in my sewing room! Trouble is, I also feel like curling up and eating chocolate.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Nice finish. The binding is really attractive.

Your question on my blog, does my garden inspire my quilts has me thinking. I think just color inspires my quilts. I'm not usually thinking about anything but the combination of colors that I want to use. If course the subconscius is always working.

Anne Ida said...

Your kaleidoscope quilts looks sooo great!! Well done!!