Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Progress on Scott's beach scene

I've got this much sewn together (after lots of improvising). The bit of lower sky is just pinned, and the way I will quilt it will give it some distinction from those far-away islands. I also have the rest of the sky ready to piece and put on the upper half. 


Next, a jungle of leaves go around the bottom and lower sides, with palm trees up to the top. This one is a king-size and taking lots of hours. Also the driftwood is just pinned on because I'm not sure where it will go, and I might resize it.


Here is my sketch for the leaves and trees, but as you can see, it is only a guide. I'm hoping the leaves will be a lot easier to make that that water and sand!

2 comments:

R & E said...

Wowwwwww! It's absolutely beautiful - artistic, lovely, I wish I was there. Elaine Adair

Elsie Montgomery said...

Thanks so much, Elaine. This one has been a time-consuming and frustrating challenge, but feels better now that the background is sewn together and I've 1/2 of a leaf ready to put on. They will be applique, not raw edge. I'm using those applique tools sold on "The Quilt Show" and just love them.