Finally this UFO is finished. I have to make a label, the easiest part, but other than that, it is finally done. The photo is blurry, something my camera has decided to do no matter the settings, so I need to get out the instruction book.
Anyway, I started it about the fall of 2004, got stalled, but decided no more quilts until this baby is done. There are nine DJ blocks (4 and 5 of two patterns), the four corners in the original DJ design, and all 52 triangles, only in two basic colors. I quilted it with swirls that are like the swirls in the darker fabric, not realizing it until after doing a few, and did basic outline/echo around the pieces in the triangles. The binding went on machine on front, by hand on the back because of that angled edge. Oh, I am happy!
I also finished this little class project, a small one doing various methods for landscape quilts only little, like each postcard 4" x 6" or so. (Sorry for the error before editing) The quilt is 13 x 22 or so. It is quilted heavily in the borders, mostly because I felt like it and the fabric suggested it. The sample the teacher brought to class had a few simple landscapy lines, and that would have looked good too. This one also needs a label, so technically isn't finished, but close enough.