Friday, March 5, 2010

Clarification re Dear Jane

After all the encouraging comments from the last post, I decided to read it again and realized how muddled it was. Sigh. The photo is the Dear Jane queen-size quilt that I completed a few years ago. The quilting on it is perfect because I sent it out and it was done by computer/long arm -- and it cost a bundle so it should be perfect!

A triangle border normally goes around a Dear Jane, but I didn't put them on mine. However, I decided to make them, all 52 of them. They are now done, but in different colors than this DJ quilt and in a setting and quilt all of their own. I'm calling it "Dear Jane and Her Edgy Friends." It is about 60+ inches square, sort of. If you go back a few posts, there are some pictures. It is two colors and I did a good job of the triangles. The quilting on it is what I'm not happy with. I did part on my HQ 16 and part on my DM (the detailed work in the triangles). It has taken so long, and I just want it done. It had been in my UFO pile for too long, causing lots of procrastination. So I determined to do nothing else until it is finished. Sigh... only 25 more triangles to quilt and then the binding and label.

Thanks to all for the cheerful and encouraging comments. It is great to be a quilter (even when I wish I could wrinkle my nose and this one would magically be totally completed!)

3 comments:

Joan said...

Look forward to seeing the finished Dear Jane and Her Edgy Friends....and the quilting. Sounds like you are getting there.

Michele said...

I LOVE the unique settings you used for both the DJ squares and triangles. I always prefer the DJ quilts with a little originality in them. Kudos for finishing!

SueR said...

I went back and read all the Edgy Friends posts. I am always in awe of anyone who manages to complete the Dear Jane quilt. You were really determined, and both your DJ quilts are so different from the others I've seen, and they're beautiful! I thought your Paint Chip Pony was spectacular too.