Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Making Progress

First an accolade to Wanda, who makes the most beautiful things. This is the notebook and cover that came in the mail yesterday. It looks even better in life than the photo. I love it! Hugs to Wanda.

Also, here is my Nova Leftovers with the beads. It turned out better than I expected. That HQ 16 is a humbling experience though. I used a jar lid to do the curves, and only hiccuped in a couple places, but still feel very challenged using this monster that has taken up the most space in our house of everything except the pool table!


The last one is an English paper-pieced experiment. I was drawing my way through Jinny Beyer's excellent book "Designing Tessellations" and did #16 of the 17 variations of two-dimensional symmetric groups. My sketch looked interesting so tried it in a small quilt.

This one will go on a table. It is a tad under 30" across and partly quilted at this stage. I am marking the feather wreath with chalk and quilting it on my Baby Lock using variegated thread. It isn't the 'prettiest' quilt but has been interesting. I will be trimming the batting, then turning the backing inside and hand stitching it. This one doesn't have a name yet. Any suggestions?

No comments: