Friday, May 16, 2008

Jen's Kaleidoscope

Jen finished her kaleidoscope from the class I taught in March. She was the one who selected Amy Butler fabrics, which would not have been my choice, but her design is a jewel! She is planning to turn this wild and crazy top into a duvet cover for her little girl. I'm certain that Kayte will spend many hours following these patterns with her eyes and fingers!

I've finished the top with 24 of the asymetrical block that I posted a while ago. It is in an asymetrical setting and the borders are also a bit askew. I've figured out how I want to quilt it but always procrastinate at this point. It is about 63" square and not that huge, yet still requires energy to move it around under the arm of my machine. I'll post a picture later.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those fabrics wouldn't have been my choice either but it turned out great.

Starry Night Hollow said...

This looks great! I think the Amy Butler fabric is fun because it really changes the whole personality of it.