Saturday, February 23, 2008

Kaleidoscope progress


After a couple days of computer/Internet wars (moving a website to another web host company) sewing the pieces of this kaleidoscope together was such a refreshing experience. Like turning the body of a literal kaleidoscope, the pattern comes together like eye candy.

I'm amazed at how such a simple concept can create such delightful results. The next step is to figure out what fabric to use as a background, then add wedges and corners to make it square. I'll add a border or two, maybe even put in the leftovers somehow (that is the only drawback of these -- lots of bits of leftover strata). Then I need to figure out if I want to sandwich it back to back with Kaleidoscope 3, which is the same fabrics (pieces cut from different angles), or make two separate quilts.

I will likely make many more of these!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I vote for 2 separate quilts. It seems like a shame to have such a beautiful quilt facing the wall half of the time. This looks like something I could enjoy making too.