Wednesday, April 26, 2023

May's Window Quilt

With all the time spent at the sewing machine, I should have more to report, but this past week has been full. Wednesday morning, a dear cousin passed away, unexpectedly. She was a wonderful gal and I will miss her. This has affected my week.

That evening was a Guild meeting (I'm on the executive) and late getting home. The next day I led a prayer group at our church for a few hours. Friday brought a financial deal that is too much to explain. 

Saturday we drove two hours to visit our oldest and his wife, then stopped and my brother's on the way home. Sunday, a special ordination at our church for a young pastor who is the best preacher ever. In the afternoon, more tying up that financial deal. 

Monday was a Guild Sew Day, but I stayed only long enough to gather fabric/patterns/kits to make my contribution. (Do I need more projects?) That night was our small group Bible study. (Also another hockey game with our home team in the first series battle for the Stanley Cup that we had to tape and watch.) 

Yesterday, I put a large twin top on the longarm and started the edge to edge quilting with a pantograph. 

Today, we drove an hour one way to the funeral, attended by 800-1000 people. We visited with family and friends until most others had left. Tonight is a Guild executive meeting on ZOOM.

However, during all that I finished this window hanging for May. Our dining room faces the street and I'm making monthly small quilts to wave at the people who walk by. It is 18" x 31" and cheerful. This Pot of Tulips was fairly simple to construct with scraps and fusible, minimal quilting. Still, I'm a tad tired.

No comments: