After sorting UFOs last week, I was a bit discouraged. Will I live long enough? Anyway, the most important were the orphan blocks sent home with me from our Guild's community outreach division. We do charity quilts and have literally tons of donated fabric. I had several blocks left over from other quilter's projects and a few fabrics to go with each one. Doing improv blocks etc. is fun, but I didn't want to sandwich/quilt them. Then the chair person of that division called me, listened to me whine, and told me to just make the tops. They have lots of longarmers who will finish them! I wanted to hug her and was instantly ready to go to work.
Here is the first one. The applique blocks are large so this one worked out a good lap size. Just had to add the pink for the outer border. Then I did a purplish one from seven smaller blocks and am nearly finished one from one orphan block and lots of complementary fabrics. It is 50" plus also. No pictures yet. The piano key borders are done by cutting strips and making strata. Then all the leftover bits are added along with the chunks cut from the strata. In one of those quilts, I wound up with no leftovers at all from at least one the colors. Feels good!