Saturday, October 22, 2022

Granddaughter's Quilt

She wanted to be surprised, but when we chatted today on Messenger, she said she could stand it any longer, especially since she knew I finished it, so I had to hold up her quilt so she could see it. Now I can show it to everyone.

She sent me dozens of pictures of what she liked, many with water and various shades of blue. This delightful young woman is a teacher who lives in a coastal city. She loves helping people who struggle, but is also aware of her need to find a quiet place now and then. She asked for a lap quilt and told me to surprise her. I drew a scene, put her in it, and only had to buy one piece of fabric; an ombre with light to dark blue (sky and water). Each step found me clueless and asking God for wisdom and good ideas. I learned that I should do this all the time!

A Peaceful Place

This is about 60" square, backed with a lighter blue-green bubbly fabric. The binding is the same fabric as the left background trees. I didn't want thread play and make it stiff so asked the Lord for ideas to quilt it and did some free-motion never tried before. The figure represents dear GD but as I told her, it is not intended to be a perfect likeness. 

I'm very happy with this quilt and am anxious to finish the lighthouse one now on the longarm so I can make something for our son's fiancée who wants lots of flowers.

Bike and walking path, takes 15+ minutes to walk
Birch trees


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Still no snow where we are in western Canada. Just started freezing a couple of days ago. Such a lovely fall that some people are calling Hotumn. Here are some pics of a nearby walking trail taken 2-3 days ago.

 

1 comment:

Melody A. said...

It is AMAZING such a treasure of a gift for her to have for a lifetime.
Take care and God Bless Happy Sewing