Monday, December 20, 2021

Ugly Fabric wins a prize

We have been traveling, so nice to get away and before the next set of restrictions start. We spent a week in Arizona with family playing games and laughing lots, a week in San Diego for hubby to golf and to visit our nephew and his wife who seem like our kids (my sister's youngest son). Then a few days in San Francisco area where I have a relative who is 104...great visit with him, and also his daughter and granddaughter and a great grandson who is 12. He has a pet pig that they keep in their backyard with a few chickens in the middle of a big city. This is NOT a little pig. It is famous in their area, and one neighbor told us that pig is getting them through the struggles of the pandemic. So much fun.

When I got back, our local guild had a photo contest quilt show on ZOOM with ten categories. We were allowed two entries, each to be in a different category. One was "best use of an ugly fabric" and I entered it. I'd picked up this piece at a sew-day because it was ugly (in my mind) and I wanted a challenge.

Here is the resulting top... and I won first prize! Don't know what the prize will be yet, but what fun to change this fabric into something that even I like. It will go back to the guild's outreach division and be given to a needy someone after I sandwich it and quilt it.


I've not sewn much since we got home but lots of things on the list. In the meantime, best wishes for a joyful Christmas season!

God bless you!
God bless you!


 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Merry Christmas Elsie, I'm glad you got your trip in before the new surge of illness set in. I hope you had some warm weather on the trip.

Elaine Adair said...

Just goes to show ... if presented in the right light, even ugly looks beautiful.

Wonderful you had a warm visit, even met the "famous" pig. What a hoot!

Have a lovely Christmas. 8-)))