Friday, March 12, 2021

My first totally improv quilt

This top is finished. It will go on the longarm in a day or two. I just love this one. The entire quilt is made from scraps that were in my scrap bins, finding a few other colors to spice it up. I love the shots of blue (not as dark as the photo, more of a teal) and the bits of orange and green. I pulled out a few yellow fat quarters but didn't use any of them. Even the binding is already cut from scraps and will be mostly the darker pieces in the quilt. The backing will likely be one that I bought on sale, but I may go find something more 'golden' to have the same warmth as the front. I'll use a panto with swirls and hearts to finish it off. This will go to a young woman who asked for a yellow quilt.


It is starting to feel like spring. Our parking area for visitors is ice with water on top and the birds are flitting around the yard. The air smells fresh, like it just rained. And I am finally rid of that 'covid' haircut (or lack thereof) and feel like a new person!


4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love it, too - and so will she!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is definitely a happy yellow quilt!

I haven't had a haircut for 13 months......

Nann said...

Oh, I love it!

Elaine Adair said...

BEautiful!!!!!!!!!! You have the eye of an artist!