Monday, March 16, 2020

Chili Pot finished

If my blogging was as consistent as my quilting... or have I got that backwards?

Anyway, this is a finish, photographed, documented, in the book, and ready for someone, likely will go to Quilts of Valour (the 'u' indicates the Canadian version). These wonderful people have distributed nearly 15,000 quilts in just a few years. 




This one was fun to make. Used fabrics from my stash, quickly made the blocks and got the backing cut, made the label, then let it sit for several months. The label said it was finished in 2019 -- only out a few months. It is 66" x 85.5" and the backing is orange that looks a bit like tomato sauce. Binding is lengths of leftovers from the blocks and finished by hand. I quilted it on the longarm with a panto called "Oasis." Easy.

I took two photos. This one is too yellow and the other was too pink - same camera, same lighting, about 30 seconds apart. Go figure??

We were supposed to be on vacation but 'you know what' would not allow us to leave, so this staycation has us at home. Some value in that -- I'm sewing more because I'm not supposed to be here.

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

So many of us are finding more time to stitch these days. Hope you can enjoy your staycation.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Thanks Julie. Other than many bare shelves in the grocery stores, we are happy and enjoying being home without any pressures or too many to-do lists. Hope you and yours are well and managing okay too!