Monday, February 24, 2020

Stash busting

These pieces and the block are from my box of brown/orange scraps. The plan is to make the blocks until the scrap bin is empty, adding from stash if needed to make at least a twin-size. The block finishes at 8" so I will need at least 40 of them, likely more.

This will be a darkish quilt but some contrast and bright spots. I've only one block so not sure how the setting will go, but at least the scraps will go! Well, I might keep the largest of the leftovers, too small for 2.5" but large enough for a foundation paper-pieced project, etc.




Halo Medallion binding is nearly done. Need a name and a label. Since it is not the full pattern, it could be "Half a Halo" -- was thinking of subtitle: "the story of my life" but not sure I want to go public with that! 😀

Hope everyone is using February to finish those January projects...


No comments: