Saturday, April 13, 2019

One Block Wonder

I made one, but now have to do this again. The blocks are like a kaleidoscope -- impossible to put down because of the surprises. 

Also, I joined a Facebook Group called OBW and they are putting the most colorful and surprising quilts online. Some are made with prints using repeats and some are made with panels. The idea is to buy 7 and incorporated the hexies around one panel. 

Here is one example. The photo isn't the greatest but I love the way the quilter blended the blocks and framed the little angel in the panel. BTW, if you want to join that group, they ask that when you post your project, post a photo of the original fabric... so take a picture before cutting it up.



Here is a photo of the panels I have sitting in the wings to make a OBW. I'm itching to get started but still working on a king-size... Since this panel is 36" wide, it should make a rather large quilt too, once I get the hexies cut and arranged around it, etc. It was on sale at the Hancock's-Paducah online store. There are several that sell panels and some of them are really lovely.



2 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Wow, I have never made one of these. You are brave! How exciting and curious to see how the elk panel will turn out. I'll be watching. Elaine Adair

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'm seeing OBW on many blogs just now - you and Wanda and Linda S. in particular. Waiting to see how your elk panel project. progresses.