Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Copyright obtained for Canada 150 logo!

I applied for the license to use this Canada 150 logo on Quilts of Valour, and make the pattern available on my Etsy site. The copyright license from Heritage Canada came through in 3 days! 

Their massive documents were for websites, ads, and a host of other communication media, but they had no provision concerning quilt patterns. However, they gave me a license that is "world-wide, royalty free" to do as I asked, as long as I comply with a host of rules. Mainly that it has to look just like their design and use the same colors and color combinations, as well as putting Canada 150 (their font or Helvetica) somewhere, and putting the license number they gave me along with it.   

I will be putting the pattern on my Etsy site as soon as the directions are finished. Writing them is almost as difficult as making the sample as this logo did not lend itself to easy foundation paper-piecing. Here is my sample. 



The center stem is too wide, but I decided not to resew it. The colors work with the 'rules' and it is 12" finished. I love this design and applaud the young woman who created it!