Friday, July 10, 2015

Problem solved, but not without pain

That panto with the straight lines did manage to get stitched on my quilt. I could not find any solutions (other than buy the software) so tried to watch the laser and stitch it with a ruler. If the panto had been wider than 6" and my machine arm longer than 18" and my body any shorter than 5'4", it would not have worked. As it was, parts required standing on my toes.

Here are the photos. I finished it yesterday and today started applying a facing to finish the edges. I'll post more pictures later.





The pain? My attention wandered as I worked, and while it did, my machine decided to take a bite out of my hand. Sorry, no gross photos. The goose egg went down in a few hours and the black and blue showed up the next day. No blood, but the part that hit me (micro handles) did break the skin. No griping. It was worth it... I think.


1 comment:

Quiltdivajulie said...

In the end, it will have been worth it. Sorry your machine bit you!