Saturday, December 20, 2014

Finished

A couple years ago I took two classes from Claudia Pfeil. In one, she showed us how to use commercial stencils to make up our own design to quilt on a whole cloth. The piece is about 40" square and it sat, and sat, and sat. I started to think those blue markings would never come out, so finally loaded it on my longarm and quilted it.

I

I'm not crazy about the results, so I named it Learning-01 and put it on the black and glass table in our dining room... where it looks pretty, if you don't look too close. The close-up shows the craziness of lighting. This table topper is WHITE, not even the slightest bit creamy. Oh well, the good news is that there is not a trace of blue anywhere! (Oh, and I learned a lot about what does not work, where I need more practice, and oh joy, it is finished.)

No comments: