Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Is it Spring Yet?

I started this quilt in 2002 in a design class. After that many years, all I had were my parts and pieces, a photo, and no idea what my original plan was supposed to be. However, I took the above on our January holiday and this is what came out of it: a new (sort of) design, a new name (it used to be Flowers in the Trees) and some new applique, which I love. It is about 20" x 32" and the sleeve is on, label will be after I finish this post. I'll put in some closeups of those delightful little chickadees. 







I'm thinking trees are calling me. It seems that every time I see a tree, I want to make a quilt inspired by something in the tree - the lines, colors, shapes. Anyway, this one was fun, but I am so glad to get one more UFO off my list!
 

4 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

What *is* it about trees? They speak to me, too, and I've heard so many others say that, too. This one really does look like spring. Other than the birds, is the tree pieced or appliqued?

Elsie Montgomery said...

Oops. I should have said... the trees are pieced. Just the birds are needle-turn applique. Wonky, but it was fun.

Heather said...

I love the chickadees! They make me think of my mom and spring!

Margo in Maine said...

Wonderful piece..so Spring like...really like it...great job.