Sunday, June 5, 2022

Spring forward...

I finally decided to jump into free-motion on my longarm. Oh, I can do meander, leaves, simple stuff, but never tried anything too complex. Chicken. Hate to pick out mistakes. Lots of excuses. However, had this blue scrap quilt, mostly orphan blocks and decided it would make a good practice project. I decided to do something different in each block and change the pattern about every 20" in the piano key borders. Some areas are not very pretty. Others surprised me. I have more confidence now. Oh, I used rulers in places, but need practice with those also. It is still on the machine with a few blocks left to go and the final border. Here is a close-up.

We are enjoying spring, finally. The weather is still a bit iffy, with frost warnings after sunny days, but nothing near our home. The spring blooming trees smell heavenly and the grass is getting unruly in the boulevards. We saw two very large wild bunnies playing in the park, almost like two puppies would play. DH planted some daylilies this afternoon. I had a long nap. The older I get, the more I want to sleep... or is it this darn pacemaker that slows to 60 when I'm not doing much and I just think I'm sleepy? Anyway, the flowers are in an he is going to have a nap too.




2 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

GOOD FOR YOUUUUUU! Trying new things, an adventure and getting more and more comfortable and professional. I LOVE what you did, those circles are esp. great! I loved the quilt from the start and the MQ makes it better. Not sure why, but I have more and more energy (brain energy, not body energy) and think my vitamins are helping with that energy thing. I'm trying to remind us senior gals to be sure and remember their importance. Keep up the good work and challenging yourself with that quilting.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Thank you, Elaine. I've noticed that the older I get, the more I appreciate encouragement... not as sassy assured of myself as I used to be! It isn't a bad thing - makes me more prayerful and more aware of the needs of others. I'm enjoying this task, finished it today and am cutting some binding. Then on to the next one... :-) Thanks for being you!