Thursday, July 2, 2020

Scrap Busting

My box of red scraps should be nearly empty but has a bunch of pink in it. This week it lured me from another baby quilt on the longarm to a cutting spree. I have enough 2 1/2" strips to make oodles of 6" nine-patch blocks, plus a few square cuts from the bigger pieces to add to the mix. I'll likely make a few four-patch and some fillers with single squares sewn in a row. About 10 more scraps to cut and I'll start sewing. A picture next time of all this pink stuff.

The box (12" x 12" x 15") is still 1/3 full. We should call scraps 'rabbits' or 'bunnies' because they seem to multiply like crazy. I've eleven of them and want them all to get used up!

It has been raining here and our city is starting to look jungle-like, so green with lots of blooming flowers and trees. The rain is wonderful even if some bellyache about it. We put out containers so have rain water for the pots that are protected by overhanging eves. They love it.

Btw, health is good. My cardiologist is happy. I have a few aches and try not to gripe since most of them are from exercise rather than anything that needs a doctor. So thankful!!

4 comments:

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Dear Elsie,

I finally got smart and added your blog link to my own blog sidebar. Now I will never forget to come and visit you. I've got a ton of posts to catch up on, but we're not in a hurry and we're certainly not going anywhere too far afield these days.

I am glad to read that your health is good.

I love your scrap bunny!! He is adorable. Beautiful colours too. Do you make him into baby quilts? Or pillows?

Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places.
Brenda

Elsie Montgomery said...

Hi Brenda, Glad to hear from you! I try to visit other bloggers and usually wind up with more ideas!! As for the bunny, it is not mine, just an image I found to illustrate my lame joke about calling scraps bunnies because of the way they multiply. My pink scraps are not going to be that fancy! Lately I've been making baby quilts for a charity called Basically Babies. A quilt shop had a sale on panels for kids and I bought a bunch. Our local guild offered a challenge to get those UFOs done, so I'm working on that pile. Have about four left in the panels and way too much in the scrap bins... but having fun. I'm off to check our what you are doing... :-)

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a cute little bunny -- good luck with the scraps - I love mine even when they overfloweth.

Elaine Adair said...

Sooo good to hear from you and also, reading your blog, that you are getting better and better all the time. Looks like you've maintained a good sewing routine as well - love that bunny, esp. in the lovely romantic-style fabrics - a lovely change in "normal" colors, whatever that might be! Hot in Nebraska until the last few days, welcome change. Very little rain for us, not good, having to water from underearth reservoir. Stay strong!