Thursday, July 23, 2020

Pink Scraps flimsy

The top is done. Now I need to find the backing. I used almost all the pink scraps but there are still more. Do they multiply in the dark like coat hangers?! I think so. Anyway, my plan for quilting this is just wavy lines but since I've not made anything like this before, do I need to stabilize it first? Will the squares go wonky if I don't?


Now I must get something on the longarm before anxiety hits that there are too many tops and not enough 'dones' in the closet.

BTW, we are having storms like I've never seen storms in our part of the world. Here is one picture. Scary! These storms, with tornado warnings, are happening at least once a week this month, sometimes more. They are over our two largest cities and along the route in between.



6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

If you are quilting it on your longarm you shouldn't have any trouble with the quilt top moving and wonky blocks. It will be held firmly in all 4 directions.
I love pink and that is so beautiful and soothing. I used most of my pink yardage a few years ago in a 16 patch quilt and a couple pink and green quilts. Maybe it is time to tackle the scraps now.
I hate those scary storms especially in the dark of the night when you don't know if your house will still be there in the morning.

Elaine Adair said...

AMAZING skies!!!

The pink quilt is so sweet, calm and gentle. Lovely!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I know, the weather is so queer these days around here. So unsettling. That photo is extraordinary and magnificent.

To your pink quilt top ... I am in love with it. I just in awe at how you created such a beautiful piece with your bits and pieces. I'm not a quilter so I don't really know what you are talking about with the longarm, but I hope it does the thing you need it to do so that it all works out beautifully. And unwonkily.

Wishing you a pleasant weekend. Stay safe and well.
Brenda xo

Quiltdivajulie said...

What an amazing sky photo - I agree with Wanda that night time storms are the scariest because you can't see anything in the dark sky. Love your pinks - so pretty.

Jocelyn said...

I love your pink quilt.

Melody A. said...

beautiful sweet quilt!!! love pink and as several said, storms during the night are the worst. Happy Sewing from Iowa