Tuesday, June 5, 2012

You must go to Charlotte this month!

Yesterday was a highlight of our trip to South Carolina. My daughter drove me a little way across the border into Charlotte, NC where we went to the Ciel Gallery and were privileged to meet Wanda, from Exuberant Color. How delightful to be able to hug this lady who gives me and other quilters so much encouragement and inspiration from her daily blog. We chatted for almost an hour, looked at her incredible quilts, and enjoyed the mosaic work in the studio. Much of it was created by her daughter, Vicki who is also an artist and part of this studio that is featuring these brilliant quilts until the end of the month. Sorry, no pictures because I left my camera at home, but pop over to Wanda's blog and you will see a little of what we enjoyed.

1 comment:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am so happy you had the chance to meet Wanda in person -- I am enjoying her NC adventure through the blog posts of others (smiling all the while).

One day I shall meet her and hug her, too!