This one is another UFO finish. It was made from the leftover blocks of a group quilt (see Dayspring...), It is about the right size to put across the knees on those days when this city is the second coldest city in the world! (Last weekend, -46 C) I decided to use this one for quilting practice also, so quilted different motifs and filler patterns in each square. That was fun and a good idea because practice is helpful yet a six inch square is not too intimidating. It helped me know which motifs are fun and which ones I would rather never do again! Also, this produces a more useful result than practicing on muslin, and uses up orphans and scraps!
Just realized that I'd promised pictures of the new floor, but hadn't delivered. Here are a few. The wood was set on the diagonal. Cost more and took longer, but my DH wanted it so that is what was done. It is dull outside today, so a couple of these seem darker than normal.
Our main floor is very open concept. The U-shaped kitchen has the dining area on the north, living room on the west. The hallway goes to the south and the front door. One of these views is from the front door in, with my sunflower quilt on the wall beside the door to DH's den and the arch to the kit/LR and dining. Turn left there to a bathroom and the door to our walkout, and a few steps down to the laundry and garage door. Clear as mud?
Anyway, it had been lino in the kitchen/dining and carpet in the halls and LR. The difference in my allergies has been astounding and worth the mess of doing it and cleaning up afterward. It is darker that before, so we are adjusting to that. If anyone is contemplating hardwood, it gets my vote!
About a week ago, someone gave me a germ that proceeded to clean out my insides - thoroughly. I spent several days either sleeping or... well, no one needs the details. After a few days, I sat around a lot so had occasion to finish two projects, small ones.
They were both leftovers from a charm pack that I used to make a floral top using disappearing nine patch blocks. That one is not quilted yet, but I did some practice designs on these two smaller table mats.
The first one is a combo of rooster and beach fabric. I had quilting thread that was black, red and gold, one of those combos that you wonder why you bought it, but it was perfect for this one. I kind of like the results.
The second was monkeys and leaves. I tried a few fillers that I just made up as suggested by the designs on the fabric or my deranged mind. The border shows up the best, and it was a make it up as I go design too. The bindings are done, the labels are on, and as soon as I feel up to it, I'll finish the floral one, which is larger and not quite as quirky in fabric combination.