Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yikes, what happened to April?

Wendy at Snippets of a Quilter bemoans she hadn't posted for a week, so I checked and I haven't posted since the middle of last month. That doesn't mean my sewing machine is getting rusty though! I actually made a pair of pj bottoms yesterday!

I'm quilting too. I finished the borders on my skinny seascape, added hanging sleeve and one at the bottom (to w
eight it since it is so long and lean), and now have to add some embellishments. Photo soon.

While that seemed to take forever, I was also quilting a couple of joint projects made by the small quilting group from our church. Now that I have HQ-16, I get that part of the process. These quilts are given away.

Cheri's post today over at Jovaliquilts reminded me of a quilt I made for my husband. He is one of those guys who hates to toss his favorite shirts, but finally put 4-5 into the rag bag. I took off all the buttons, cut them up, and made him a small lap quilt to use in the car on those days he drives to work and it is -40. He was totally surprised. I called it "Optical Illusion." I posted it before, but am feeling guilty about not posting for so long, so here it is again, draped over the back of a sofa (the lines are actually straight).


My other excuse for not posting is that I'm making a two-hour presentation to a group of people (not quilting related) at the end of May and this requires lots of preparation, Powerpoint, and handouts. I know, it is four weeks away, but life keeps interrupting my good intentions.

2 comments:

Margo in Maine said...

Wow nice hubby quilt...

Rose Marie said...

Love the shirt quilt! My DH is now retired and all of his shirts will be made into a tumbler quilt. I just need to start the cutting apart process.