Monday, November 10, 2008

PROGRESS REPORT


This is the result of a few days working on my PhDs. This one goes by the working name of Black and Red Grad Challenge. A group I attend was challenged to make a 12" asymetrical block, then move it around to make the quilt. I added one small extra plain block in the center so I could arrange these like I did. I've a dozen photos of other placements, but this one pleased me most.

Anyway, it is finally quilted - heavily, in a whimsical floral and leaves, free-motion pattern. I used variagated black and red thread so the quilting appears and disappears, but really shows up well in side lighting. It has been trimmed and blocked, so is still on the floor with pins around the edg
es. I couldn't get high enough to take a picture of the whole thing. When I get the binding on, I'll post the entire quilt.

I've another one not on the UFO list yet. It is a simple design that uses up some small pieces of florals. The top row is sewn together. The squares finish to 6" and the sashing to 1 1/2" to make a quilt about 48" x 56." I'm not a flower person, but am enjoying this one so far.


2 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

The red and black one is very interesting. It keeps the eye moving around to capture all of the design.

Elaine Adair said...

Very intriguing - I like it!