Friday, July 17, 2020

Pink scraps

That red bin of scraps had pinks only left so decided to whack them into strips where possible to make these nine-patch blocks. What was too small for at least a 5" strip was cut into 2 1/2" squares. Lots of sewing, but easy and my points match. After making about 60 blocks, I fiddled and fiddled with them on the design and this is the result. The two left vertical rows are sewn together, next three still in single rows with blocks sewn together and the rest of it is just up there waiting to be stitched.


I'm not a fan of pink but am happy with this one. The blocks finish to 6" so the quilt will be 48 x 56 plus borders. There are a few long strips left, some solids and some are prints. They hang up there on the left, but need to be more creative than that. Also have a few 4" squares that will likely wind up in the borders and on the back.

Yesterday I picked up the backing for the Brown Scrappy queen-size and my skinny Dachshunds and felt a bit overwhelmed that there are three more flimsies to quilt (two or three in the closet) so I felt more like napping this afternoon! Also, we had a very stressful storm in our city last night. Flooding and lots of lightning, some hail. Actually, it came down in two storms, less than an hour apart and the kind that makes a lot of people want to hide in the basement. Not fun! I'm not on Twitter, but #ABStorms shows some of the pictures others took if anyone is interested.

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like your pinks - especially with the other reds and grays and creams mixed in. Scary storms are NO FUN - hopefully today will be a calmer day for all of you.

Tammy J said...

I am fascinated by your pink blocks. I really love how they look.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love pink and this is SO pretty!!!!

Judy P. said...

I love pink. I think this just sings!

Elaine Adair said...

Pretty, and kinda luscious! Keee-uuute!!!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Why thanks all you who love pink! Every fabric in this one has pink in it, even when they read blue or gray or green. One of my scrap bins is labeled Misc. Prints so had to dig through it for anything with pink in it. Still have the 'red' bin 1/4 after all the pick stuff came out of it. What next? This is like working with infinity! :-)

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I love what you've done with your pinks! My mom would be smitten, she has always loved pink.