Friday, May 22, 2020

Brown Scraps I progress...


This top is finished. I need to quilt it and am not using scraps on the back. I thought there was some wide backing in my shelves but no, so went online to look only to discover that no one will sell me 2.5 yards or meters. The checkout rounds it to 2 or ups it to 3. I might try a local store that is doing curbside service, but really wanted to get this one from Hancock's in Kentucky. Their prices and low shipping costs make it about half of what it costs anywhere else. However, they are not shipping to Canada during this pandemic. So my brown scraps, now nicely assembled, will have to wait for a while to get finished. In the meantime, the fabric, etc. for a dozen or so baby quilts are lined up saying "Make me" so I'm not twiddling my thumbs!

I am a bit worried about 'going back to normal' though. Having extra time to quilt and do other things is nice and I've started getting annoyed at any kind of interruption. Oh dear, that is not a good sign!


No comments: