Thursday, March 19, 2020

Dog's Breakfast?

I know -- it looks like a dog's breakfast. These are what I have so far from my scrap bin of mostly browns and oranges. There is enough for 80 blocks. They will be all the same (8" finished) and the only thing consistent is the horizontal rows have the largest piece all in the same value and nearly the same color. 

I will likely flip every other row so I don't have to worry about matching seams, and of course rearrange the blocks in the rows until they look better. I've also considered a narrow sashing but not sure what color to use???

I cut all those large patches and a bunch of the other sizes, so lots of assembly and stitching to do. At first, I was cutting pieces at random depending on the size of the scraps. However, cutting and putting the bigger pieces on the wall helped me know how many I needed and in what color. Anyway, it feels good to use up the bits and it will be a nice size to keep someone warm.

Hope everyone is doing okay with all the regulations to stay home, keep your distance, etc. We quilters should love the confinement as those UFOs need some extra hours anyway.



2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy stitching - yes, the confinement is easier for those of us who are prepared (not out of basic supplies for the kitchen/household) and have home-based hobbies/crafts/arts to pursue. I pity those who are entertained by shopping or eating out.

Elaine Adair said...

I am laughing at Dog's Breakfast - can't figure it out but you probably have a good handle on the finished project.