Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Two kinds of 'cold' and other issues...

The past few weeks have been challenging. My hubby caught a cold (rare) and about the third day nearly passed out. ER couldn't find the cause. Nasty cough and now much better. About 3 days behind him, I got it, no passing out, nasty cough though and now nearly better. My sister's hip healed nicely but other things are happening. Not good. She may not survive. We are praying and hoping to be well soon so we can go see her.

Our son and his gal are in the Philippines and left Lake Taal just before the volcano erupted. He is so thankful they got out of there. No wonder I felt prompted often to pray for their safety.

Our oldest son is working north, was -48C (-55F) there all day yesterday. And it is -30 C here (-22F). Praying for his safety too. Global warming anyone?

However, I did get the final borders on this medallion. I like it. The next thing is deciding how to quilt it. The binding is ready... look on the right side to see a short strip preview. This quilt took forever, mostly procrastination. Also, my mind works this way: we were supposed to be in FL for the past two weeks and had that happened, I would not be working on it anyway, so I didn't... at least until I got sick of looking at it unfinished. It is about 60" square.



Our home is warm, hubby doesn't need to go to work, we have lots of groceries, and it is supposed to hit -36 here tomorrow then warm up to -25 the next day. Positively balmy!

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh my goodness - sending prayers and good thoughts for all concerned.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Thank you. I'm a bit numb yet able to manage because of prayers and God's grace.