Tuesday, December 31, 2019

This border took forever...

Foundation paper piecing is a favored technique -- repetition is not. Thirty-six of these blocks nearly made me decide to quit this project and go fishing (or shopping). Anyway, they are done, on the center, and waiting for an idea of what to do with the rest of it. I don't want to make the full quilt as the rest of the borders are more of the same... bitty pieces that take forever. I'm thinking something plain and calling it a lap quilt. Colors are a bit off in this photo but you get the idea. That last border has 916 pieces in it. The geese are about 1 1/8" across the widest part.

It's been a rough week. We had a lovely Christmas Day then late in the evening received the news that my sister fell about 3 pm and broke her hip. She was taken to hospital and had surgery the next day. She has other problems - forgets words and slowly become unable to communicate. She is aware, just can't remember how to talk or do some other things. She is 3 plus hours from us. We planned to go down, but hubby picked up a nasty cold virus right after Christmas and he sounds awful. Doc said his lungs are okay. We were supposed to travel soon, but he is thinking we should cancel. The last time he got sick nearly did him in as he has a compromised immune system and this cold could lead to something worse. Lots of chicken soup and naps happening here!

If I don't get back on for a day or two, Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That border would have done me in. I doubt I could have even finished it so congratulations for sticking with it.. I think another plain border would finish it nicely.

Happy and healthy new year!!!

Elaine Adair said...

I have been remiss in reading blogs - due to similar reasons as you have experienced. It's been 5 days since you posted and I am hoping by now, life has stabilized for the better within your family and household. The quilt border? Wowsers, how did you do that and still manage all the family worries! It's fantastic!!!