Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Odds and Ends

I'm working on my daughter's king-size and don't want to post it yet... also working on a charity baby quilt from a panel. I'll post it when the elaborate border is done. Don't have room on my design wall for it yet so picture taking is a bit more challenging.

A woman in our guild says that she takes every bit of her leftovers from a project and makes blocks out of it, usually 4 inch 4-patches. Wish I'd heard that years ago! I make a twin quilt and had just small pieces left over and made these 6" blocks. I love them and will use them in something -- as long as I don't give in to the temptation and turn them into mug rugs. With sashing, they could be a small mat??



Here us another idea for a larger scrap. It is a small gift or jewelry bag. I left my hand in so you can see the size, about 5" x 7" and quick to make. The drawstring dresses it up.


 If anyone has more ideas for leftovers besides the usual scrappy quilt, I'd love to hear about them!

1 comment:

Elaine Adair said...

Those small bags are perfect for storing/corralling electronic parts when traveling. Batteries, cords, etc. ElaineAdair